Elevated Work Platform (EWP)
This course covers the safe operation of any vehicle or machinery associated with Elevated Work Platforms (EWP). Participants will understand the relevant guidelines, regulations and codes of practice to operate a EWP.
Anyone who operates an Elevated Work Platform (EWP) as part of their job, must be trained in the machine type which is being operated. This training also meets the Chorus WTC2 standards for Health and Safety related competency for workers.
- Know the types of EWPs and their suitability for purpose and their safety features
- Understand the legislative requirements, codes of practice and guidance for using an EWP
- Using a personal fall protection system
- Assessing the worksite, safe setup, operation and shut down of an EWP
- Safety planning, hazard ID, safety observers, rescue planning, safe working zones, approach distances to power lines
NZQA Unit Standards
- Compulsory unit
Describe types of elevating work platforms (EWPs) and legislative requirements for their use
Operating Equipment Unit Standards (select up to 2 machines from the list below)
- Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a scissor lift elevating work platform (EWP)
- Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a truck mounted elevating work platform (EWP)
- Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a self-propelled boom lift elevating work platform (EWP)
- Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a trailer mounted elevating work platform (EWP)
- Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a vertical lift elevating work platform (EWP)
Available nationwide upon request
Duration and cost
- FULL course – up to 2 EWP Machines 1 day Maximum 8 attendees $2,450
- REFRESHER course – up to 2 EWP Machines ½ day Maximum 8 attendees $2,150
* Pricing does not include plant hire
* All travel and assessment costs included
* Call us for a price for more than 2 Machines.