Chorus WTC 3 – Overhead Network
To meet Chorus’ minimum standards for Health and Safety related competency for workers. This course will cover the requirements for work involving access to any pole, including work near a low voltage electrical overhead network and installation of overhead telecommunications equipment.
Any person required to hold Chorus WTC 3.
- An understanding of the Electricity Supply Network
- Health and Safety
- Hazard Management
- Minimum Approach Distances
- Necessary requirements of NZECP34
- Necessary requirements of SM-EI
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Preparation for working at heights and control of hazards
- Carry out pre-climbing inspection
- Selection and use of climbing equipment
NZQA Unit Standards
- Use personal protection equipment within an electricity network environment
- Identify electricity systems in preparation for work
- Demonstrate knowledge of and apply health and safety in the electricity supply environment
- Climb and work on electricity network structures
- Carry out a rescue from an electrical structure
- Employ height safety equipment in the workplace
- Use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height
- Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height.
Only required if proprietary fall arrest systems used
Available nationwide upon request
Duration and cost
- 4 day full course incl. 15757 – $8,300 Max 8
- 3 day full course excl. 15757 – $6,200 Max 8
- 2 day refresher incl. 15757 – $4,500 Max 8
- 1 day refresher excl. 15757 – $3,400 Max 10
*All costs excluding GST.