Chorus WTC 3 – Overhead Network
Any person required to hold Chorus WTC 3.
Note: Day one of this course meets the unit standard requirements of WTC 1. Requirements for WTC 5 will also be met if the optional unit is completed.
- An understanding of the Electricity Supply Network
- Health and Safety
- Hazard Management
- Minimum Approach Distances
- Necessary requirements of NZECP34
- Necessary requirements of SM-EI
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Preparation for working at heights and control of hazards
- Carry out pre-climbing inspection
- Selection and use of climbing equipment
NZQA Unit Standards
- Use personal protection equipment within an electricity network environment
- Identify electricity systems in preparation for work
- Demonstrate knowledge of and apply health and safety in the electricity supply environment
- Climb and work on electricity network structures
- Carry out a rescue from an electrical structure
- Employ height safety equipment in the workplace
- Use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height
- Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height.
Only required if proprietary fall arrest systems used
Available nationwide upon request
Duration and cost
- 4 day full course incl. 15757 – $8,300 Max 8
- 3 day full course excl. 15757 – $6,200 Max 8
- 2 day refresher incl. 15757 – $4,500 Max 8
- 1 day refresher excl. 15757 – $3,400 Max 10
*All costs excluding GST.