Confined Space Entry With Fall Prevention
This course covers the requirements for any work to be undertaken in confined space in the infrastructure industry, such as, pipelines, aqueducts, siphons, intake chambers, screen structures, access chambers, pump wet wells, tanks, reservoirs, excavations and tunnels.
Supervisors, stand-by-personnel, workers entering confined spaces as well as rescue personnel.
- Know the required legal documents covering confined space entry
- Provide examples of confined spaces
- Know the main hazards of confined spaces
- Understand the control measures to eliminate or minimise the confined spaces risks
- Emergency procedure and rescue plans
- Conduct a confined space entry in the infrastructure industry
- Test to confirm suitable atmosphere exists
- Use a safety harness system where a fall hazard exists at height
NZQA Unit Standards
- Plan a confined space entry
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined space
- Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely
- Work in a confined space in the infrastructure industry (Pre-requisite 18426)
Available nationwide upon request
Maximum 10 attendees
Duration and cost
- 3 days – $6,500
- 2 days refresher – $4,500
Refreshers available via WEBINAR upon request.
*All costs excluding GST