Confined Space Entry
This course covers the requirements for any work to be carried out in confined or restricted spaces.
Supervisors, stand-by-person, workers entering confined spaces as well as rescue personnel.
- Covering the required legal documents on confined space entry
- Providing examples of confined spaces
- Identifying the main hazards of confined spaces identified in terms of their potential for serious harm
- Understanding the control measures to eliminate or minimise the confined spaces risks
- Emergency procedure plans including evacuation strategies, emergency actions when first discovered, confined space safety watch duties
- How to conduct confined space entries
- How to test to confirm suitable atmosphere exists
NZQA Unit Standards
- Plan a confined space entry
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined space
- Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely
Available nationwide upon request
Maximum 10 attendees
Duration and cost
- 2 days full course
- 1 day refresher
Please enquire below for pricing.