Horizontal And Vertical Fall Arrest Systems
With the Horizontal and Vertical Fall Arrest Systems course you will learn to control height hazards by using working at heights harness systems. You will achieve the skills needed to install a temporary height safety system and understand the associated legislative requirements.
The Fall Arrest Systems course is suitable for those planning, installing and operating fall arrest systems and supervising staff working at height.
- Knowing the hazards associated with working at heights
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Identification of anchor points
- Installation of temporary height safety systems
- Vertical and Horizontal fall arrest systems
- Using a safety harness for personal fall protection
- Necessary requirements of SM-EI and NZECP34
NZQA Unit Standards
- Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height – must hold pre-requisite 23229.
- (optional add on) Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height
- (optional add on) Explain safe work practices for working at heights
Available nationwide upon request
Maximum 10 attendees
Duration and cost
- 1 day full course (excl. 17600) – $2,100
- 1 day refresher (excl. 17600) – $2,100
- 1/2 day – $240 per person
*All costs excluding GST