Introduction To The Electricity Supply Industry
Anyone requiring an overview of the Electricity industry i.e. Contact Centre Representatives, Supervisors, Office Administrators, Tradespeople, etc.
- Knowing the basics of electricity generation, transmission, distribution and reticulation
- Types of generation and fuel sources in New Zealand
- Understanding the key relationships between the industry sectors, asset owners, contractors and suppliers
- How the wholesale electricity market works for the different participants
- Explanation of how conductors carry electricity and how transformers work
- Basics of network configurations, overhead lines and cables
- Substations, substation equipment and switching
- The basics of protection systems and SCADA systems
NZQA Unit Standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of the New Zealand electricity supply industry
Available nationwide upon request
Minimum 8 attendees
- 1 day
Please enquire below for pricing.