Introduction To The Electricity Supply Industry
This workshop is designed to give a broad, entry level understanding of the electricity supply industry in New Zealand, including the relationships between the major sectors, and how they work together to generate, transport and distribute electricity to their customers.
Anyone requiring an overview of the Electricity industry i.e. Contact Centre Representatives, Supervisors, Office Administrators, Tradespeople, etc.
- Knowing the basics of electricity generation, transmission, distribution and reticulation
- Types of generation and fuel sources in New Zealand
- Understanding the key relationships between the industry sectors, asset owners, contractors and suppliers
- How the wholesale electricity market works for the different participants
- Explanation of how conductors carry electricity and how transformers work
- Basics of network configurations, overhead lines and cables
- Substations, substation equipment and switching
- The basics of protection systems and SCADA systems
NZQA Unit Standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of the New Zealand electricity supply industry
Available nationwide upon request
Minimum 8 attendees
Duration and cost
- 1 day – $395 pp
Post course assessment – Learners will be required to complete an assessment (with support via phone and email)
- Unit standard assessment $55 per unit, pp
*All costs excluding GST.