NZ Certificate in Telecommunications Level 3
This program is an entry level qualification, suitable for people entering a career as a Telecommunications technician.
Graduates will be able to:
- Co-ordinate and scope telecommunication sites while managing stakeholder and client expectations and relationships.
- Apply safe work practices and meet industry standards when working on telecommunications networks, including operation of plant and equipment.
- Apply knowledge of optical fibre and/or copper theory during build, provisioning and repair of the telecommunications network to meet industry standards.
- Install, locate, test and service fibre and/or copper network to protect and restore the telecommunications network.
Trainees must be in current employment within the telecommunications industry to ensure they have access to the types of work and activities that are detailed in the training schedule.
The qualification will be delivered by a combination of classroom theory (three blocks of 1 weeks’ duration, every 3.5 months) and workplace training including on job assessments between each block.
Additional modules will include one block course of 1 weeks’ duration and further on job assessments to be completed in the workplace.
There is also a component of take home, self-paced study. On average you can expect up to 8 hours per month. This can vary depending on your level of experience and is fully supported by your trainer.
This qualification will be delivered over 12 months in either the Fibre Optic or Copper strand.
To complete both strands students can add an extra module which will take an additional 3 months.
- Qualification: $4,500 + GST per learner
- Additional modules $1,500 + GST per learner
Note: Minimum numbers apply for course to proceed. Equipment and venue hire (if required) is not included.
Talk to us about Fees Free eligibility.