Safe Working At Heights In The Electricity Supply Industry
This is a nationally accredited course that covers theoretical and practical aspects of working safely at heights on Electricity Network poles and structures. The training is designed to equip workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work in any height situation and will meet the training requirements for MBIE best practice guidelines for working at heights in New Zealand.
Anyone that needs to climb and work on electricity network poles or structures.
- Know the hazards associated with working at heights
- Prepare for working at heights and control of hazards
- Selection and use of climbing and associated equipment
- Necessary requirements of SM-EI and NZECP34
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Following a rescue plan
NZQA Unit Standards
- Use PPE within an electricity network environment
- Carry out a rescue from an electrical structure
- Climb and work on electricity network structures
- Use safety harness system when working at height
Optional Add-ons (extra cost)
- Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height
Available nationwide upon request
Maximum 8 attendees
Duration and cost
- Full Course – 2 days – $4,600
*All costs excluding GST.